Category — Quizzes
Anshu, sends in her set of Bollywood trivia questions.
1. The original climax of this film had the protagonist killing the villain himself. But the Censor Board couldn’t bear an ex-cop taking the law in his own hands. So the director shot a different climax, where the thoroughly beaten villain is taken away in a police van at the end. Name the film.
2. What is common to: Sarfarosh, Lagaan and Ghajini, other than the main protoganist?
3. What is common to: ‘Jodhaa Akbar’, ‘Once upon a time in India’, ‘A married woman’, and ‘The young wife”?
4. ”Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress.”- Mahatma Gandhi. What’s the filmi connection?
5. What is so special about the songs ‘Moh se chhal kiye jaaye’ and ‘Kya se kya ho gaya’ from the film Guide?
6. What is common to: Ram Sharma, Sue McKinley, Raj Kumar Santoshi and Jagdish Gautam?
7. At the age of seven, he played Shashi Kapoor’s child role, but unfortunately the film was never released. In his days of struggle MS Sathyu signed him for his first film. He also worked in Telugu and Kannada films. In his first release, he claimed to be inspired by Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton and Raj Kapoor-a look he repeated later as well. He went on to win the National Award for Best Actor. His three production ventures have been flops. Who are we talking about?
8. What is common to the numbers: ‘Pretty woman’ (Kal ho na ho), Jaane kyun tanha ho gaye (Bhram) and ‘It’s a good day’ (Aamir)?
9. What is common to the films: Pickpocket, Mudh mudh ke na dekkh mudh mudh ke, Nau do gyarah and Jhumroo?
10. Her surname is Richardson Khan. Merchant Ivory Productions made a documentary on her in 1973. A book on her called ‘The Life and Times of an H Bomb” was also published. She adopted a girl called Arpita. She is half French, one fourth Spanish and one fourth Burmese. Who is she?
January 6, 2009 39 Comments
1. GWB, Ratan Tata, Angelina Jolie, Clint Eastwood and Rajiv Gandhi (You could add Raffu to the list as well)
2. Waheeda Rehman, Harsha Bhogle, Sharmila Tagore, Sushmita Sen and Vivek Oberoi. (You could add Padma to the list as well)
3. Sonali Bendre, Gul Panag, Arnab Goswami, Pooja Batra and Shweta Menon. (Add Padma, Anshu and Manishwa to the list as well)
4. Shekhar Suman, Sridevi, Geeta Bali, Valmik Thapar and Supriya Pathak
5. Yuvraj Singh (Cricketer), Aamir Khan, Sonu Nigam, Ahmed Khan (Choreographer) and Aftab Shivdasani
January 6, 2009 16 Comments
Okay, let’s see how many of these you can work out. Use Google if you would like to – I can’t stop you anyway.
1. He had a “Dutt” embedded in his real name, but conveniently dropped that part for his screen-name. He however played a character in a film – who had his “real name”. The film was rehashed into the recent YRF’s Bachna Ae Haseeno. Which actor, which film?
2. His reel-name made people think he was a Bengali, but this filmmaker was actually from Karnataka. He shares his surname with a leading actress of today. Who? And his real name?
3. Who the hell is Basavalingaiah Hiremath?
4. He was born as Dileep Kumar and married Saira Bano. Who?
5. Actor A couldn’t use his real name in films as the first name was already taken up by Actor B. Actor B’s real name was Yudhisthir. Who were A and B?
January 5, 2009 8 Comments