The Workaholic

A gentleman in Vadodara is now in the Guinness list just because he has worked 1,100 days without a break.

K Vijayan, 59, employed with a  city-based hotel, hasn’t taken a single day’s leave for over three years now. Leave aside casual or sick leaves, Vijayan hasn’t even taken a single weekly off. And, this unusual feat has earned him a place in the Guinness Book of World Records.

The Guinness Book of World Records (GBWR) has acknowledged that no person in the world has worked for so long continuously, without a break. “I had never thought of creating a record. I am a workaholic and work is my religion. I have never liked missing out a single workday throughout my career,” Vijayan told TOI.

Hmmph. I have done three times better. For the past nine years, I too have been involved in work without a break. Not that I am a workaholic or don’t like breaks – but the wicked woman in the house simply doesn’t allow me that luxury.

More on this later – for now, if you could excuse me, I have do the dishes.

Posted by Manish on May 8, 2009 in In Personal

6 comments

1 Shobha { 05.08.09 at 10:39 pm }

Manish where’s your wife? Is she even allowed to visit any site where you have a hand in????? Or is there something like a parental-lock specially for her???? :D

2 mmao { 05.09.09 at 6:32 pm }

Shobha you hit the nail on the head he does not allow her anything jail kar ke rakha hai bichari ko aur uppar se matar ke ilzaam aur barthan ke ilzaam hai hai dukhyari
oh manish by the way I worked for eight years without a single day off 18 hrs a day what a waste of a life

3 Anshu { 05.09.09 at 7:09 pm }

I am waiting for the daywhen your wife will start blogging and start smashing all the untruths that you have been churning out. Perhaps I need to educate her on the intricacies of blogging in my next visit. Or perhaps ghost blog for her… that should be fun!!

4 mmao { 05.09.09 at 9:52 pm }

you mean you are allowed to visit oh my you must be special he doesn’t even have space in his kitchen for me

5 raffu { 05.12.09 at 2:13 am }

lol.. manish the funny guy!!! :D

mao jaan… anshu is manish’s sister

6 mmao { 05.21.09 at 3:30 am }

Yes Raffu I realised that later but so what I am his mother /mother in law and I am not allowed not even in his kitchen