36 @ 36

As I turn 36 on Monday, I am reminded of an acceptable ratio that Sunny Gavaskar pointed out recently – your waistline in inches, shouldn’t increase your age.

Out here it is a neck-and-neck (or rather a paunch-and-paunch) race between the waist size and my age. Finally at 36 years and 36 inches, the gap has closed. And if the trend continues, the circumference will clearly emerge the winner by next year.

I have to pull things back – and that is why no blogging, no being a couch-potato and strictly no beer for the next one year. On second thoughts, what difference does a couple of inches make, when the average Indian waistline has gone up as well? So, all the decisions I just took are reversed.

Now that I have cleverly dropped you a hint, just remember to send in my gifts.

Posted by Manish on May 24, 2009 in In Personal

13 comments

1 Anshu { 05.24.09 at 8:10 pm }

Well actually I was thinking of you turning 36…… and was wondering if you were a woman and growing didn’t mean growing at the waistline but a few inches higher, 36 would have been such a fancy figure! But then hard luck! Not everyone is lucky enough to be born a woman! ;-)

2 Anshu { 05.25.09 at 7:19 am }

Many many happy returns of the day. What gift would be suitable for you—- one on reducing that beer belly, I suppose!

3 Enthu Reporter { 05.25.09 at 12:38 pm }

Manish, hi, Happy Birthday! I hopped cross form Amit Varma’s blog, and, well, it’s your birthday so cheers to that!

I wish I could spot an email address so I didn’t have to announce on the comment space why I need to contact you, but anyway, it’s for work. I write for a newspaper and am interested in doing a story on book cover designers. Which is why i went back to the ol India Uncut to look up the _other_ name was given special mention:)

Will you mail me contact info so I can grill you further?

Thanks! Have a lovely day. And that one cutely placed smiley on the bottom left.

4 Anshu { 05.25.09 at 7:00 pm }

Arrey baba! You share your b’day with — of all people— Karan Johar! I wonder if you both share other traits besides your love for blogging! ;-)

5 Megha { 05.25.09 at 7:52 pm }

Happy 36 yrs of being born! Hope u have a good one.

6 Padma { 05.25.09 at 9:50 pm }

hehe anshu you are by far too good!!!!
happy being a woman from one woman to another!!!

and er before I forget HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BIRTHDAY BOY!!!! yes boy it is coz men will be forever boyz right?? lol lol

Have a blast manish and remember the beer paunch is pure myth, no truth to the story honest cross my heart.

And may you live on and on and on and on and regale us in your inimitable style. Seems to run in the family right anshu dear??

7 Manish { 05.26.09 at 12:05 am }

I assure you – if I had the same taste as KJo, things would be a lot more happier. Not to mention, a lot more cheaper.

8 mmao { 05.26.09 at 12:56 am }

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANISH I LEFT YOU A MESSAGE ON THE APRIL FOOL’S DAY TOPIC YOU KNOW ME I READ SOME OF IT AND THEN LATER REALIZE WHAT I HAVE DONE BY THE WAY HAVE GIFTS FOR YOU AT THE FORUM AS WELL AAP ASAKEIN TOH AYE

9 Vin { 05.30.09 at 4:10 am }

Happy birthday Manish!!
Circumference will not be ahead of age for long, even without any efforts. So you can enjoy the beer :-)

10 Hemant | UrbanMunky.com { 06.03.09 at 3:52 pm }

Reminds me of Gavaskar’s 36 not out. Happy birthday.

11 mmao { 06.20.09 at 11:09 am }

manish beta I am in Jabalpur I don’t know how I don’t have your phone number please leave it in my inbox at the forum so that I can talk to you we are leaving on monday Ithink ? found a few old friends would love to talk to you take care

12 mmao { 08.01.09 at 10:04 pm }

manishwa sorry very sorry that I couldn’t call you back my friends were just too much everyminute of mine was taken care of by the time we got back to the hotel it was too late to call please forgive your mao and if you will allow me I will come and see you the next time I am there

13 mmao { 08.01.09 at 10:12 pm }

my trip was immense I had the best time, my friends from jabalpur arranged it so that I could stay in five star hotels all the way thru and not pay a fraction of the cost, it was an experience my children and I will never forget and now that I am back to good old pristine clean Canada I am sick as a dog today is the first day I have gotten out of bed